St. Nicholas Church
St Nicholas church was dedicated in 1960, the original church having been of a pre-fab construction built in 1948 as part of the post-war expansion of Dover.
The church is dedicated to St Nicholas, Bishop of Myra (feast day 6th December). Nicholas was known for his compassion towards children and so it is apt that the local Children’s Centre providing services for families of young children is based in the church.
St Nicholas church also fulfils the function of parish centre either utilising the shared crèche room space or the main church area which has moveable chairs. The church is often used for courses and meetings; but has limited seating capacity of around 40.
Currently there are no regular services in the church.
Find out more about the history of St Nicholas church.